Saturday, June 5, 2010

Recording and Monkeys

It seems that recording these days is altogether harder and simpler than ever before.

Harder, because of the myriad of choices, options, etc, and the sheer task of making your sound unique in a world of clones and copycats.

Simpler because, now more than ever, equipment is cheaper, software simpler, and help more readily available than at any other point in our musical history.

I mean, think about it. I could get a Zoom H2, jam out in a quiet room, master it. And boom. I've got an album.

I want a video? Zoom Q3 And that's just the stuff I know about.

I recorded several tracks using an effects pedal, a laptop with a mere 256mgb of RAM, an acoustic amp and a couple of mics. And they sounded pretty good.

But how does one stand out in a sea of monkeys with toys?

THAT is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment